The benefits of mediation
There are lots of good reasons to consider using mediation when you’re going through a divorce, lawsuit or otherwise :
- It is confidential, this stays between the parties and mediator.
- Typically less costly than litigation.
- Less adversarial than litigation as the parties are more willing to come to the table and have a civil dialogue and come to a compromise- remember no result is ever going to be exactly what you want otherwise it would not be a compromise, but it will allow you to move on with your life and but the case behind you.
- Chumahan is trained in counseling and can assist both sides in acknowledging their feelings while not allowing feelings to control and hinder the resolution process.
- Parties have more control over the process and the outcome than when the court is involved or risking an unwanted result at trial.
- You have a lot more input so that you can feel better about arriving at a final agreement about what is fair rather than having a rigid set of rules guide your fate.
- Much less emotionally harmful and better overall for the mental health on all the parties (and children in divorce cases).
- Choosing mediation does not in any way cause you to lose your right to litigate your case in front of a judge.