Diverse Legal Services For Our Esteemed Clients
After starting Ovando Bowen LLP in 2018 as a business law firm, we soon discovered that our clients’ needs and expectations went beyond business startups, operations and litigation. As we expanded the scope of our practice, we found it rewarding to meet a variety of needs that Californians in our region brought to our attention.
Family Law For Families And Their Futures
In addition to the frequently needed divorce representation that we provide, we also advise clients on the following:
- Premarital and postnuptial agreements: creation, review, challenges
- Legal separations
- Child custody and support orders, modifications and enforcement
- Stepparent adoption and other private adoptions
- Surrogacy contracts
- Dependency court cases (a legal area that few attorneys in our region handle)
- Property division in divorce, including the use of qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) for the division of retirement assets
We also prepare “in-marriage QDROs” as financial planning tools for older couples. Some use these to transfer retirement assets from an older to a younger spouse or from one who will soon need long-term care to the other who will remain at home. Let us help you explore this option.
Trusts And Estates
Estate planning is for everyone. We recommend that you schedule a review of your will and other testamentary documents every five to 10 years and anytime you move from one state to another, get married or divorced, become a parent or become a business owner.
At Ovando Bowen LLP, we help clients put appropriate legal tools in place, including:
- Living Trusts (simple and complex)
- Power of attorneys for property
- Power of attorney for health care
- HIPPA release form
- Health Care Directives
- Proper Trust Funding
We advise people who need to establish guardianship or conservatorship arrangements for the sake of vulnerable family members or domestic partners.
Asset Protection Strategies
Ask our attorneys about asset protection methods such as:
- Restructuring of assets
- Creation or modification of family limited partnerships, family limited liability companies
- Irrevocable trusts
We are confident in our ability to help you decide on the safest, most solid way of protecting your assets regardless of how your life story plays out.
We are business-minded attorneys who will help you:
- Review and negotiate terms of homeowners association (HOA) documents before moving into or out of a housing development
- Navigate eviction threats as a tenant or prepare to evict tenants as a landlord
- Resolve other landlord-tenant disputes
- Create, negotiate and finalize residential and commercial real estate purchases, sales, leases, use agreements and other transactions
Let us know about any real estate issue for which you need a legal opinion or legal action.
Personal Injury And Employment
As skilled attorneys, we will leverage our experience and knowledge to help clients in various personal injury and employment law maters, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Class actions
- Employment wage and hour
- Wrongful termination
We are happy to assist you with your personal injury case or employment law issue. We have successfully recovered over a million dollars for our clients.
What Aspect Of The Law Is On Your Mind?
Whatever legal issue you are facing, we are ready to evaluate your case and help you devise a plan to resolve it.